Introduction to Solid Foods Workshop
Next workshop: 16 July 2019 @ 11 am in Fulham, SW6
This workshop helps parents navigate how to start introducing solid foods, presented by paediatric dietician Tamar Mallett, RD and Heidi Nowalany, IBCLC. In this workshop we cover:
- How to start the transition to solid foods whilst continuing to breastfeed and how the process develops over the next few months.
- The myths surrounding introducing solid foods.
- Types and textures of starter foods and suggestions where to find inspiration.
- Different methods to introducing solids.
- What to do regarding allergenic foods.
- Items you may need to get started.
- Tips to simplify the process.
In completing the Introduction to Solid Foods Workshop, you will:
- Feel confident in how to approach introducing solids to your baby.
- Be able to optimise your baby’s food experience
- Have a better understanding of how solid foods complement breastfeeding.
- Recognise your baby’s readiness to start solid foods.
- Find a way that works for you and your baby and understand it’s not a one size fits all approach.
- Understand the benefits of introducing allergenic foods and having the confidence to do so.
Having helped countless breastfeeding mums and families, I understand that the road to support is a continuum.
Our Introduction to Solid Foods Workshop is a great first step on your weaning journey. We offer practical tips for the early introduction of solid foods whilst ensuring your milk supply isn’t compromised. If you develop concerns about your baby’s feeding, your milk supply or weight gain or issues with breastfeeding I offer a variety of 1-2-1 consultation services in the comfort of your own home.
To find out and book, more please visit my Consultations page.