Back to Work Whilst Breastfeeding
Breaking down your journey into 3 monthly modules (which you can adapt to meet your needs and timescales) my Back to Work Whilst Breastfeeding workshop includes:
- Information and support on the benefits of breastfeeding for both you and your baby.
- Considerations and information pertaining to planning your return to work with your employer (including useful benefits to your employer, giving you the opportunity to start a positive conversation about the support you will need).
- Different types of breast pumps, flanges, supplier recommendations, expressing manually.
- Meeting your baby’s feeding demand and planning for other eventualities – building your supply to account for travel, sickness, backing up your care giver (spills, accidents, and peaks in demand).
- How and when to express / pump at home and at work.
- Information on storage of supply as well as travel information and pump bag recommendations and tick lists.
- Working with your care giver and preparing them with information and bottle feeding techniques to support a breastfed baby.
- Managing and regulating lactation.
- Information and support with weaning.
In completing the Back to Work Whilst Breastfeeding Workshop, you will:
- Feel mentally prepared for your return to work, fulfil your own breastfeeding goals whilst maintaining a balance of enjoying your time with your baby along the way.
- Tackle the logistics of breastfeeding at work head on.
- Plan your return to work and your needs as a breastfeeding mother with your employer.
- Identify any equipment you may need.
- Learn how to prepare your body for expressing milk.
- Learn about different storage methods available for breastmilk.
- Identify methods of meeting demand.
- Feel prepared for sharing your feeding role with a care giver.
- Feel confident, ready and supported in your journey back to work.
Having helped countless breastfeeding mums and families, I understand that the road to support is a continuum.
My back to work whilst breastfeeding consultation service offers you 1:1 support on a need-to or ongoing basis whilst the course compliments your learning with information about other helpful resources, means of extending your support network within your own circumstances and community, and listing reliable support and information online.
To book your Back to Work Whilst Breastfeeding Workshop please Contact Me.