Antenatal Breastfeeding Workshop
In this simple, straightforward workshop we explore the basics of breastfeeding, divided into step-by-step sections, this workshop covers:
- The feelings and emotions surrounding your decision to breastfeed.
- Getting off to a great start – What to expect from the first 5-7 days of breastfeeding.
- Baby-led breastfeeding – how often your baby might want to feed.
- Breastfeeding positions and how to recognise when your baby is latched on well.
- How to recognise how much milk your baby is taking and what to do if you have any concerns.
- What to expect in terms of babies weight loss and gain in the first two-weeks.
- Who you might need to support you in your breastfeeding journey and where to find external support in the community.
- Common concerns – symptoms, preventions and treatments.
- Breast pumps and breastmilk storage.
In completing the Antenatal Breastfeeding Workshop, you will:
- Feel mentally and emotionally prepared for your first few days as a new breastfeeding mother.
- Feel ready to tackle the logistics of breastfeeding and fulfil your breastfeeding goals whilst maintaining a balance of enjoying your time with your baby along the way.
- Identify any equipment you may need.
- Learn about different storage methods available for breastmilk.
- Be aware of potential complications and how to recognise them.
- What to do if you develop an issue with your breasts or breastfeeding.
Having helped countless breastfeeding mums and families, I understand that the road to support is a continuum.
My Antenatal Workshop is a great first step on your breastfeeding journey, but of course the road to breastfeeding bliss doesn’t always run smoothly! If you develop concerns about your baby’s feeding, your milk supply or weight gain or issues with breastfeeding I offer a variety of 1-2-1 consultation services in the comfort of your own home.
To find out and book, more please visit my Consultations page.